Saturday, July 10, 2021

Blackbird in the Barn

This post first appeared in my e-newsletter I WAS BIGFOOT'S SHEMP.

My second film SCARECROW COUNTY hit DVD on Tuesday, and as I have always done when something I wrote or directed comes out, drove around looking for it.  I am still working from home in a pretty rural area, so I didn't have any luck at local stores, but pictures from all around of my movie in WalMart started showing up, which was flattering to see. 


 And thank you to everyone who has purchased it from Amazon.  It has cracked the Top 50 New Releases in Horror, which is great since some Godzilla movie and some movie about being quiet are perched at the very top.




My movie's producer Henrique Couto has a fun podcast called WEEKLY SPOOKY, and he hit me up last week to write about that long-ago ancient world before air conditioning called the 1980s, during which time I was alive and a teenager, so I knocked out a quick one in that grand old style of a bunch of counselors under siege by a nutcase at a ramshackle old summer camp.  You can listen to it here.

I'm going to leave you with this curiosity; a custom action figure by MCWF Customs based on a movie I wrote called SHARK ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, which had the more introspective title SHARKS VS ALIENS when I wrote it.  If you missed the trailer, check it out here.

Until next time, thanks for following along and let me know if you see my movie SCARECROW COUNTY in the wild. 







No comments: