Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Under Ice-Blue Skies

At the day job the snow was falling so prettily I went out and shot some stock footage for a day when we might need some pretty snow footage for something or other. It is coming down at a good clip and looks nice through the viewfinder but otherwise sucks.

Unfortunately I learned Steve Gerber died. He was a influential comic book writer of my youth, especially on THE DEFENDERS though more remember him from HOWARD THE DUCK and OMEGA THE UNKNOWN. My former high school classmate Tom Spurgeon weighs in here and writer Mark Evanier here.

Warren Ellis is posting a free online comic called FREAK ANGELS and so far it is off to a good start. Check it out here. And you can check out what I thought of his first book here.

Five Things About the Occult Hand? Weird!

Until later catch me at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: