Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What We Talk About When We Talk About Bigfoot

Fellow Hoosier Brandon tweeted to me, Tried to fall asleep earlier this morning to a copy of Among Us I found the other day. Too much fun for the sleeping.  Brandon isn't the first one that has tried to fall asleep watching my work.  But what is fascinating to me is that it seems like interest in "Among Us," which came out in 2004, has never really waned.

For instance, earlier this month these dudes spent more time analyzing "Among Us" than I have.

I'm glad this movie has had some legs.  Although it was not the first screenplay I sold, it was the first one that got made into a movie, and I think it probably has the most of my own voice in it--for better or worse--than anything I have written since.  I am pretty proud of how it turned out, and you can also catch my audio commentary on the DVD.

Plus, you get to see me in the Bigfoot suit in the startling denouement of the film.

I said something last month about offering up a Book of the Month from my attempt to read 50 books a year.  For February I am offering up a double-header:  for the old school, the melancholy metafiction Breakfast of Champions; but if you've read it, anyone who reads this blog regularly will love Ready Player One.

Until later I am at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: