Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Friends in Low Places

Getting ready to set sail on a midwestern tour with SCARECROW COUNTY over the next several weeks and thought I would drop a quick line to let everyone know when and where we will be.

Friday October 18th we will be at the dusk-to-dawn Film Scream event at Film Scene in Iowa City.  SCARECROW COUNTY plays first at 8 p.m. and I promise to try and stay awake until midnight.  This is the World Premiere of the film and I am super eager to be there at this cool venue.  Henrique Couto's OUIJA HOUSE (shot as HAUNTING INSIDE) is playing right after mine and we are going to drive out there together, which could probably be a movie in itself.

The next Friday, October 25th, we will be at the Farmland Community Center in Farmland Indiana, where a chunk of this film was shot (and a good portion of THE GIRL IN THE CRAWLSPACE).  This will be the Indiana Premiere and I suspect a friendly crowd.

Wednesday October 30th I am going to serve as a dire warning to other screenwriters during a presentation at the Columbus Metropolitan Library in Columbus, Ohio.  No screening but I will be talking a lot of trash.  This is being kindly hosted by the Central Ohio Group for Screenwriters.

On Friday November 1st the Morrisson-Reeves Public Library in Richmond, Indiana is hosting a screening with a Q&A from me afterwards, and I'll try not to get my library card revoked.  

TV Horror Host Baron Von Porkchop and Cult Cinema Dayton are hosting the movie at the Englewood Cinema in Englewood Ohio for its Ohio Premiere on Saturday November 9th.

If you haven't seen the movie by then, you probably don't want to see it, but we can still be friends.

There's been a lot of neat advertising from a lot of nice people for these events, but this one from the public library is my favorite as it riffs on the VHS nature of my movie, and thus has a place in my heart. 




See you out there, and talk soon.

No comments: