Friday, April 16, 2004

Back in the USSR

I want to give a shout-out to my brother Eric, as today is his birthday. He is always egging me on to write more, get stuff out there, get the wheels turning. Everybody needs such a brother.

My wife is quite the muse also, so I've got it from both barrels and thus have no excuses.

Tomorrow my brother and I will go to the movies with a couple of pals and maybe do some gaming or go shoot pool or something, then have pizza that night. Guy's day out. Meanwhile, my daughter, her mom, and both her grandmas will be out prom dress shopping, which I am not invited to as I would keep steering the car towards the convent.

Finally, the return of my pals at fridayfive.org, the blogosphere phenom.

1. What do you do for a living?

See the top of the site. I am a fiber-optics network manager for a 400-room video distribution system at a midwestern college, with responsibilities for electronic classrooms and videoconferencing. I teach scriptwriting and video production part-time in the Department of Telecommunications at Ball State University, my alma mater. I freelance scriptwrite at night.

2. What do you like most about your job?

Feeling like I contribute to education, which is important to me.

3. What do you like least about your job?

People lacking in common courtesy.

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because _____...

Massive power failures.

5. What other career(s) are you interested in?

Teaching, full-time scriptwriting, going back into video/broadcast production, librarian.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: