Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Super-Electric

Looks like I may be working up a new project with the Polonia Brothers; more to come later.

For those of you keeping track, and for the legions who aren't, my Bigfoot epic AMONG US comes out a week from today. Roasting reviews to follow.

Since I'm short on time, I'll post a bit more from RING OF THE SORCERESS today:

CUT TO:
INT. CASTLE EBON (QUEEN'S CHAMBERS) -- LATER
Esme is seated at a table, being tended by serving girls. She looks worn and bored.
ESME
I am tired. Bid thee gone.
The servants all bow and scrape away. Then Esme gestures to one gentle, curvy blonde.
ESME (CONT'D)
Save you. I require an errand.
SERVANT
As the queen wishes.
The others are gone in a split-second. The servant looks at her nervously, licking her lips.
Esme gives the servant a long look up and down.
ESME
I remember you as a kitchen scamp. You have grown into a fine serving-girl. Only the finest may serve at the Queen's hand.
SERVANT
(murmurs)
That is known.
ESME
Pray thee, who has taken your maidenhood?
The servant looks aghast.
SERVANT
Why, no one, my queen.
ESME
No one? Not one of our honorable knights, or one of the randy stable-boys? I believe it not.
SERVANT
I cannot lie to the queen.
Esme smiles smugly.
ESME
As it should be.
(beat)
My hair needs brushing.
Esme twists a long, gray strand out of locks and twirls it on a finger.
The servant obediently moves toward the queen's dressing-table. Esme gestures abruptly.
ESME (CONT'D)
Not that brush. I believe I left my favorite in the catacombs. Fetch it there.
The servant girl hesitates.
SERVANT
Surely not the catacombs?
ESME
(brusquely)
Why?
SERVANT
Why...I have heard other girls have gone down there lately, and not come back...
ESME
Surely kitchen talk! It is no different than the wine cellar. And there is even an entrance beyond yon curtain.
She gestures. After a long, uneasy moment, the girl nods her head and passes through.
Esme looks at her ring, the stone now dulled. It starts to GLOW with a feeble light.
ESME (CONT'D)
Yes. Yessssssss....
CUT TO:
INT. CATACOMBS (STAIRCASE) -- MOMENTS LATER
The servant girl creeps down the stairs and looks around uneasily. After a long moment, she edges forward.
Suddenly, a tentacle whips out from the darkness and slashes at her flimsy gown. She tries to clasp it together and run back up the stairs.
But the tentacle grabs her ankle and pulls her down. A strange, echoing VOICE bounces off the walls.
AYOB (V.O.)
Tender maiden...come to my embrace...
CUT TO:
INT. CASTLE EBON (QUEEN'S CHAMBERS) -- CONTINUOUS
Esme is staring off into space, a grim smile on her face.
ESME
Yesssss....
CUT TO:
INT. CATACOMBS -- CONTINUOUS
The servant girl SCREAMS as she is mauled by the tentacles.
CUT TO:
INT. CASTLE EBON (QUEEN'S CHAMBERS) -- CONTINUOUS
Esme's eyes glow an alien red, as does the stone in the ring. She looks at her former gray lock, now turned golden again.
ESME
Oh yessssssssssss..........
CUT TO:
INT. CATACOMBS -- CONTINUOUS
The serving girl, done struggling, is dragged off into the darkness. Her bare feet scrape the floor.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: