Saturday, December 06, 2008

It's Cold Here In The City, It Always Seems That Way

Reading fresh notes on my nondisclosure sci-fi script this morning while fresh snow falls over the Heartland of America.

Microcinema Scene, the website I helped launch five years ago with Boston filmmaker Jason Santo and Chicago filmmaker Gary Lumpp, more recently under the steerage of Austin filmmaker Christopher Sharpe, will be relaunched in the not-too-distant future under new management, more squarely set in the new media world (with some of the ideas I have chatted about here on this humble blog over the last few months). I have had a sneak peek and think it is positioning itself to be part of the next-gen filmmaking movement. I hope I can help out with it where I can. In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for the relaunch.

One of the great things about working on Microcinema Scene and the Microcinema Fest film festival was meeting some super-talented people. One of those has been Amir Motlagh, who we screened at the Fest and reviewed on the site, and I found to be one of the strong emerging filmmakers coming out of microcinema. You can check out Amir's latest short, just released for free on the web, right here.

A project I worked on earlier this year, Mental Scars, has released a teaser trailer, and generally updated their website, right here.

Until later, catch me at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: