Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Morning

It's a perfect Thanksgiving Day in Indiana; the sun is bright and the air is crisp. We would say that the frost is on the pumpkin.

Downstairs I hear the Macy's Parade on TV. For only the second time in the last 19 years somebody besides us is hosting Thanksgiving, so we are having a more peaceful morning than usual. We are off to my mother-in-law's, where the debate is already raging between football and holiday movies. She makes oyster dressing and liver pate so my mouth is already watering. My wife is finishing deviled eggs and a fondue downstairs.

I baked cookies last night and played "Memoir 44" with my brother. I won two battles and he won two battles.

I saw the trailer for We Are Marshall at the movies the other day and it still brings a tear to my eye.

Winter is closing in. We start thinking again about Scrabble at night and old movies on Sunday mornings.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

John

No comments: