Tuesday, July 01, 2008

When the Blues Come Callin' at the Break of Dawn

I have started working with Celtx and so far find it to be very agreeable and intuitive. I'm just beginning to putter on my summer spec script (and the summer is one-third over!) but like what I see so far. I like the open source concept and the price point (free!) is certainly right for the blossoming screenwriter. I will report back more later.

I have always liked Joss Whedon because my daughter and I used to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer together and did some father-daughter bonding over it. We used to call it Buff-K, for some reason that has been lost in the sands of time. Now Whedon is busting out all kinds of awesome with this, which is a little bit of everything I have been thinking about lately.

Here's a cool article about where and why Dungeons and Dragons sprung up when it did, instead of in Ancient Greece or whatever. It was because of my midwestern brothers from Wisconsin and Minnesota, natch!

Speaking of the greatness which is D&D, I think I have linked to this before but it bears repeating. If this were true, I would be Anton LaVey by now.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha, I was just telling my wife about Dr. Horrible the other day! Joss Whedon rocks, and I got into him less from Buffy, but from Firefly and the subsequent Serenity movie.

The fact that Dr. Horrible is some crazy whacked out musical just makes it more awesome...oh and plus the all mighty NPH stars.