Wednesday, February 21, 2018

For All The World Like An Urban Toreador

If you wished you had seen this post earlier, you can subscribe to my newsletter I WAS BIGFOOT'S SHEMP in the right column of this blog, where this post first appeared last weekend.

Two weeks from today I will be shooting THE GIRL IN THE CRAWLSPACE, the first of five days of principal photography.  Here is another nice write-up I received leading up to the shoot.  I have been extremely flattered by gaining more than a dozen new newsletter subscribers since this piece and the article from Horror Society came out.  Thanks for joining me.

I will be getting the social media train running during the shoot, mostly on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, and I am johnoakdalton in all of those places, if you would like to follow along.

Another flattering thing is how many people have wanted to be an extra.  Sadly there is no extra anything in this first go-round.  I wrote this movie to be as tight as can be, so there are no crowd scenes.  In fact about 80 percent of the movie will be shot at my own house, with four people.  Definitely trying to make this monster manageable.

I will try to put some value added content in this secret newsletter for subscribers, so here's some.  I got to know Tim Shrum when he ran a Polonia Brothers Fan Club (and now through House of Schlock, where he makes a lot of cool stuff).  I knew he also crash-built a lot of props and the like and I asked him if he had any scary masks laying around I could use for The Crawlspace Killer.  Tim decided to build me a unique one for the film, and it looks pretty creepy.  Here is just a sneak peek.
I have had a couple of long talks with producer Henrique Couto over the last few days, and a nice lunchtime chat with John Hambrick (who plays one of the four people who will spend a lot of time at my house soon), who finally asked about the enigmatic ending, to which I answered, "What do YOU think happened?"  Somewhere, somebody is already typing an Amazon review that reads "Saw that ending coming a mile away."



I need to break some scenes down, and find an old rotary phone for a prop, and get a rope and some fake guns without getting on a watchlist.  Talk soon.

No comments: