Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another Park, Another Sunday

Once Upon A Time my filmmaking pals Jason Santo (who I met through rewindvideo.com), Gary Lumpp (who I met through Triggerstreet), Joe Sherlock (who I met through b-independent.com) and myself started swapping microcinema tapes through the mail and writing each other long, sometimes funny emails filled with our opinions. Then Jason got the bright idea to start a website, Microcinema Scene, and we were all surprised when it shot into the stratosphere. A couple of years down the road, and the keys have been turned over to another pal o' mine, "Sex Machine" director Chris Sharpe, formerly of Eyeball Magazine and Cinema Eye and some other hipster spots. I'm glad the site is soldiering on, and I hope you go look at its soft launch today.

Afterwards, give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: