Sunday, August 10, 2008

Or the Tropic of Sir Galahad

I feel kind of Hollywood. A lot of times lately we've woken up and heard something outside and said, "Is that Miley Cyrus?" and then we hear kids yelling out her name and we realize that it is indeed Miley Cyrus.

Of course, the neighbors who moved here from California named their puppy Miley Cyrus.

Unfortunately the great Russian writer Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn died. I have enjoyed myself some chewy Russian literature from time to time but I would recommend One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich to anyone, and is a great, and greatly accessible, work by this notable writer.

On Saturday night we drove over to Losantville with some friends to a diner called the Blue Moon. We ate meatloaf and fried fish and fried chicken and watched a 16-year-old kid named Brian Wallen belt out some old-school bluegrass. It was a fun evening and someday when this rural prodigy is down in Nashville I will remember I saw him in the waybacks.

I am currently doing a rewrite of a project I scripted last year under a nondisclosure, which makes this blog less fun. So until later, I am at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: