Monday, January 24, 2005

Bungalow Bill

I learned this weekend that RAZORTEETH--the Polonia Brothers thriller that deals with the perils of digging up frozen pirahna and then crashing a planeful of them into a lake where people in bikinis might be swimming--has a street date: Tuesday, April 26. I might be working up a project with the Bros in the near future, and if so loyal readers will be the first to know.

I worked a lot this weekend on polishing up the short that I am hoping to pitch to a filmmaker soon that I have wanted to work with for a while, and if he doesn't think it stinks on ice (like those real taxidermied fish did in RAZORTEETH, as I found out when I went into Mark Polonia's garage this fall) I'll hopefully have that in the hopper soon.

I have spent a lot of time cartooning lately, trying to get the creative juices flowing, and this weekend ended up piecing together VOLUNTEERS #2, a humble ten-page comics 'zine that I would be glad to send to anyone who might want to read it. For those following closely, I drew VOLUNTEERS #1 to enter into an online 'zine contest at Broken Frontier for the sole purpose of winning some swag, which I didn't win but instead got a compliment and scanned page in a column at that site, which was almost but not quite as good.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: