Friday, February 25, 2005

Over There

I have really been putting the hammer down on my Polonia Brothers script, which may be called HELLSHOCK (my suggestion) or perhaps HELL'S HALF DOZEN (the Brothers' suggestion, which I like also because it's kinda like THE DIRTY DOZEN, only done cheaper!). I had this weird euphoria after knocking out fifteen pages the other night--I don't know if it was like a runner's high, or like the wooziness I hear you get after massive blood loss, like from a shark bite or something. I think it was because I found a good batch of muse songs, which I think helps me write. Usually good muse songs for me are things like "Time Has Come Today" by the Chambers Brothers and "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash and "Driver's Seat" by Sniff N The Tears and so on, but this script takes place in the 40s, so to get that groove on first I listened to a CD called "The Force's Sweethearts" which was a lot of songs like "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" and "White Christmas" and the like, but they were a little too romantic (natch) so I tried a bunch of old gospel stuff like The Carter Family's "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" and the Stanley Brothers' "The Fields Have Turned Brown," and that's been the right note.

Definitely pounding the keyboard this weekend, as I have another project I need to start next week, details TBA.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: