Sunday, February 24, 2008

I Come From the Land of the Ice and Snow

I have started helping with judging the Phantoscope Indiana High School Film Festival, and I have to say there are a lot of talented kids getting ready to bust out in America's Heartland.

A friend bought this game and I can hardly wait to play it with him.

Check out my pal Amit Tripuraneni's trailer for the NZ thriller FIVE here (and you can see what I thought of his movie here).

And definitely check out Miguel Coyula's trailer for his new movie MEMORIAS DEL DESARROLLO here. I have said via Microcinema Scene and elsewhere that Coyula's RED COCKROACHES is the milestone achievement in microcinema and that Coyula will be a break-through star. I have been eagerly waiting for this one for some time. Hopefully Miguel will remember that I shared a bunk bed with him at Microcinema Fest in Rapid City, South Dakota a few years back.

I was snowed under in Cincinnati on business Friday night but on the plus side had some really good barbecue. Then I went to this place Saturday and had a really nice roast duck. My only happiness as the winter trudges on.

Until later, give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: