Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Gold of the Amazon Women

On Friday night my wife was feeling a bit blue and I was tired and there is no better cure for that than the old movie channels on cable. We found Ship of Fools that my wife wanted to see because she likes Katherine Anne Porter and I wanted to see because I actually hadn't seen it (and I have rated over a thousand movies on Netflix thus far). She generally likes silly pastel sixties movies and I like 40s noir and b-movies and this was a 60s movie in B/W so it was a nice compromise. As I mentioned, I was tired and fell asleep and woke up at the end wondering who was getting carried off in the coffin (it wasn't Vivien Leigh, I saw her). Then I dozed back off and woke up around 3 a.m. and it looked like Anita Ekberg was splashing in a fountain and it suddenly struck me that La Dolce Vita was on. So I sat there at three in the morning and watched it and thought: I still love movies. It's a nice thing to remember once in a while.

Give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: