Monday, February 23, 2004

Suits Are Picking Up The Bill

I went to see OUR TOWN yesterday at the university, and enjoyed it quite a bit. I've seen this show over and over, at my high school and the local civic theater and so on (hasn't everybody?), but this was the first version I had ever seen with some energy and fun to it that wasn't so somber. And the sentiment at the end in the graveyard was great. Or maybe it's just that I'm finally old enough to appreciate it.

Had a great dinner with friends Saturday, and worked a lot on a paper on microcinema I am presenting at a conference in Orlando in a few weeks.

And Milan played Muncie Central again, 50 years after the game fictionalized in HOOSIERS. What's better than high school basketball in Indiana? Not too much.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.


No comments: