Friday, September 03, 2004

The Wrecking Crew

Here's a meme from my pals at the Daily Dirt:

1. What is your favorite movie of all time?

I have always said Dr. Strangelove though I rarely rewatch it; so if I was basing it on rewatching movies it would end up being When Harry Met Sally or Jesus Christ Superstar, which I seem to watch every year at the appropriate season, and maybe every now and then in between. Some others I like are listed in the column on the right.


2. What is your most-hated movie?

There is a lot of banal crap in Hollywood and elsewhere, but I don't hate it per se; so I would have to pick something that has some evil intent, like Triumph of the Will or perhaps to some degree Birth of A Nation.


3. What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Colonel Sun by well-known British author Kingsley Amis (written under the pen name Robert Markham), a James Bond novel published after Ian Fleming's death that few people seem to know exists. I would love to direct this myself. I wonder where the rights are on this?


4. What movie has the best soundtrack?

Saturday Night Fever, bar none; though I do listen to O Brother Where Art Thou a lot.


5. Which movie have you seen more than any other?

When I was growing up my mom made me sit and watch Grease and The Wiz with her a lot. By my own reckoning, I suspect it is A Christmas Story, based on its appearance at numerous family gatherings and young nephew's sleepovers; with It's A Wonderful Life and The Wizard of Oz rounding out the top three.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: