Thursday, March 24, 2005

Invaders from Mars

I fixed up a few bits and pieces of COW BOY last night and fired it back to director Terrence Muncy. I also had a chance to talk with director Mark Polonia for an hour or so about HELLSHOCK, and got all excited about it again (and if this gets you excited, go here). The casting is falling into place with a lot of the people I imagined in the parts, including Jon McBride, Bob Dennis, Brian Berry, Brice Kennedy, Dave Fife, and Ken VanSant. They've got a CGI guy to do some FX, a lighting guy coming in, and a composer to score the project. It goes before the cameras at the end of May, and I'm hoping to be able to join the gang out there for a few days.

I had a bizarre kind of physical and emotional letdown yesterday after pumping out that rewrite for COW BOY in just shy of three weeks. I'm already trying to smell out the next project, though. But tonight my daughter and I are going to see RING 2 to sort of cap off this whirlwind HELLSHOCK-COW BOY trip I've been on the last two months.

I'm going to have to keep an eye on my daughter, as I hoped the apple would fall farther from the tree. She had to make a display for a class at school featuring the ubiquitous "Peeps" and centered around a classic movie, and came up with PEEPTOWN CHAINSAW MASSACRE, complete with Peeps hanging off of little fish hooks and a paper chainsaw and strawberry jelly all around. I'm sure I'll be called to the guidance counselor's office today.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a few years since I've worked with the brothers on "The House That Screamed" and I can't tell you how much of a blast its going to be working on this new project. I've also had the opportunity to work with some of the cast in the past so it will be like seeing old friends again. This one will put them up in the ranks of movie making.

matt " the lighting guy"