Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Holla Back

My pal Tom Cherry has a nice write-up of the "Postcard from Farmland" video here.

I haven't done a meme for a while, but I found one I liked at writer Paul Guyot's site. Here it is, with answers off of the top of my head:

1 - Imagine it’s 2015. You are visiting the library at a major research university. You go over to a computer terminal (or whatever it is they use in 2015) that gives you immediate access to any book or journal article on any topic you want. What do you look up? In other words, what do you hope somebody will have written in the meantime?
Hopefully my tell-all biography.

2 - What is the strangest thing you’ve ever heard or seen at a conference? No names, please. Double credit if you were directly affected. Triple if you then said or did something equally weird.
One time I was at a conference at Notre Dame and I tripped on the sidewalk, messing up my dress pants. I let loose a cloud of invective and stood up to find myself face to face with a priest. Triple points, and another lap in the Lake of Fire!

3 - Name a writer, scholar, or otherwise worthy person you admire so much that meeting him or her would probably reduce you to awestruck silence.
I don't get starstruck, but maybe Bill Clinton. If my wife was not with me, that is.

4 - What are two or three blogs or other Web sites you often read that don’t seem to be on many people’s radar?
I don't know what's on people's radar, but a few blogs new to me that I have been reading lately and haven't yet added to my sidebar include:

http://www.unmediated.org/

http://scribblefaster.blog-city.com/

http://www.podcastalley.com/

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: