Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Them!

PETER ROTTENTAIL hits the shelves today; please let me know if you have any "rabbit sightings" anywhere.

Finally! The end of DOOMED SWORD RISING today:

CUT TO:
INT. CASTLE EBON (QUEEN'S CHAMBERS) -- MOMENTS LATER
Shadow emerges from the curtained alcove, weary but whole.
Immediately, Boris drops to one knee again.
BORIS
My liege, the queen is dead. Long live King Kelvin.
Shadow waves him away tiredly.
SHADOW
I am no king.
Boris looks up slowly.
BORIS
The queen produced no other heir, sire.
SHADOW
Mayhaps one day I shall rule over a kingdom of the dead. But there is no realm for me on this earth. Let others fight for the crown.
BORIS
The Council went under the headsman's axe. And many other nobles were put to the sword as well.
SHADOW
Are you not a knight of the crown yourself, Sir Boris?
BORIS
I cannot sit at the head of council and country. I have lived the creedo of "Deeds, not Words" for my whole life.
SHADOW
Deeds, not words, are what this land needs right now, Sir Boris.
(to Peryl)
And what of you, then?
PERYL
I intend to rebuild Crescent Abbey, and restore my Order.
SHADOW
Sadly, the monster below told me that the old gods were dead.
PERYL
I do not take the word of monsters.
Shadow turns back to Boris.
SHADOW
Sir Boris?
Boris looks thoughtful.
BORIS
I will tend to the remains of the queen...I will serve her in death as I did in life.
Shadow nods.
SHADOW
Then fare thee well.
Shadow and Peryl exit. Boris sighs and scans the room.
His eyes light on the crown against the wall.
Boris walks over to the crown. He carefully picks it up. It gleams in the light as he turns it this way and that. Boris looks at it thoughtfully.
CUT TO:
EXT. CASTLE EBON -- LATER
Shadow and Peryl come out into a small courtyard. They give each other a long look--and then part ways.
Peryl takes a few tentative steps, then turns around.
PERYL
Shadow!
(beat)
Kelvin?
Feature Peryl's POV as she scans the courtyard. Shadow is gone.
Myriad emotions cloud Peryl's face. But eventually she turns her back on the castle and walks away.
CREDITS
THE END
FADE OUT

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

1 comment:

John Oak Dalton said...

Wow! King for a day! Really interesting blog, and thanks for making me a part of it.

John