Friday, July 23, 2004

Don Winslow of the Navy

Hey, DVD talk reviewed AMONG US also.  Here's the link, but scroll way, way to the bottom.

I haven't done a meme from The Daily Dirt in a while.  So here's today's, with answers off the top of my head:

1. Do you like your name? Why or why not?

There are a lot of badasses named John.  "Big Bad John."  John Wayne.  Johnny Cash.  John Wesley Hardin.  The list goes on and on.  I didn't like John Oak Dalton so much as a kid, but like it a lot better now.  For one thing, you can google me a lot easier, without getting the science guy or the navy guy or the guy from Survivor.  My parents thought the oak tree lived a long time, and grew to be big and strong (remember, I was born in 1966).  The other choice was, and I'm serious, Bogota Michael Dalton.

2. If you could change the spelling of your name, would you?

No, I don't like "John" without the H.

3. If you could change your whole name, what would you change it to?

King John Oak Dalton.

4. What girls' name do you like?

The other girl's name we thought of when our daughter Sarah was born was Madeline.

5. What boys' name do you like?

Had Sarah been a boy he would have been Moses.  Though I was partial to Brick.

 
20th Class Reunion Saturday.  Steroid shot in the butt today to try to clear up massive case of poison ivy in time.  We'll see.  Report back Monday.  Until then, give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: