Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Bomba on Panther Island

For those checking in, there are some new stills from the set of Christopher Sharpe's SEX MACHINE on line here.

I've been working up some material for a guy that I hope to work with that I met at Microcinema Fest, so we'll see how that goes. With three weeks to the start of the school year, and a return to full-barrel working and teaching dawn to dusk, I'm really not thinking on picking up a new project right now, just doing some coverage for some people and maybe punching up a few things I promised to some others. Getting back into teaching and the college school year always takes a few weeks of catching up. Then, hopefully, something new will be on the horizon.

I have been a bit disingenuous about posting reviews of AMONG US and PETER ROTTENTAIL. Of couse some have been bad, like the review of PETER which had as a sum total of its opening paragraph the word "Ugh." You'll have to find those yourself. The good really outweighs the bad so far, always a good sign. There are a lot of unjuried reviews out there at sites like Amazon and IMDB and so on, and at least they're always interesting to read. I liked how one AMONG US review, upon finding out I also wrote PETER, added "God Help Us!" The truth is, everyone has their own opinion, and you can't please everyone, and no matter how good you think you are in life (teacher, boss, friend, neighbor, etc.) there is always somebody who thinks you suck. So it goes.

Give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: