Monday, August 16, 2004

The Dragon's Eye

I have offline since last week camping in some rather crisp August weather at the lovely Whitewater State Park in eastern Indiana, a last blast before everything revs back up again. We canoed and hiked and had a hayride and rode horses and ate s'mores and hobo pies and fought raccoons and enjoyed all of the usual camping pasttimes. Including a fresh case of poison ivy.

For those keeping track, the mighty Marching Bears went to the Indiana State Fair and won second in small bands and sixth overall in the State Fair Band Day with a stirring version of "The Planets" not hindered at all by the fact that an icy wind almost blew the props off the field. I did break my vow to live a healthy lifestyle by eating a pork sandwich from the pig tent and slurping a milkshake from the dairy tent, as tradition demanded. But what happens at the State Fair, stays at the State Fair.

All of a sudden there are a lot of projects percolating in the pot that I hope to weigh in on soon.

My blog, and Microcinemascene.com, are both about a year old now. Time marches on.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.





No comments: