Friday, November 19, 2004

Mosura Tai Gojira

On Fridays I like to do memes, and this isn't exactly one, but my scriptwriting pal Gary Lumpp put it up so I thought I would play along. Gary once gave me the best coverage I ever had on a script, and he didn't even like it.

1. PICK ONE OF YOUR SCARS OUT, NOW HOW DID YOU GET IT? I
Once I was lighting a set early in the morning at a TV station I worked at. I accidentally brushed against a large, heavy set piece, which fell over and drove me to the ground, ripping the shirt off my back in the process. I got knocked out when my head hit the concrete of the studio floor. I have been told I have a long, thin white scar down my back where the hinge of this set piece scratched me. I have been knocked out at every job I have ever had except this one I have now, where I just passed out one time.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Family photos and a framed print or two.

3. WOULD YOU RATHER PLAY FOOTBALL OR WATCH IT?
Watch.

.4. WHAT SPORT WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE BEST AT?
Tennis.

5. WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE?
As a teen I used to have a recurring dream that a nuclear bomb went off, and I saw a white light and my skin was peeled back. This was of course during the Reagan years.

6. HOW DO YOU EXERCISE?
Stairs over elevators.

7. APPLES OR ORANGES? Apples.

8. GRAPES OR WATERMELON?
Watermelon.

9. WOLVES OR TIGERS? Tigers.

10. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
70s soul, old country, classical, blues, bluegrass, a little of everything else.

11. HAVE YOU EVER WRITTEN POETRY?
Yes, I once wrote a bad poem about seeing a grisly car wreck when I was a TV photog up in Minnesota.

13. DO YOU REMEMBER BIRTHDAYS?
Mostly.

14. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
I believe it was 7:30 p.m. I know my mom has told me there was a window open in the room, somewhat unlikely today.

15. DO YOU HAVE A BIRTHMARK, WHERE?
I have a brown freckle on one of my butt cheeks.

16. WOULD YOU CALL YOURSELF A ROMANTIC PERSON?
Oui.

17. WHAT IS THE WEIRDEST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE?
Pass.

18. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU STARTED FILLING THIS IN?
Eating a microwave lunch at my desk.

19.. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GUM?
That baking soda gum.

20. FAVORITE CHOCOLATE?
Anything mint.

21. FAVORITE CANDY (NON CHOCOLATE)?
Anything carmel.

22. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA ICE-CREAM?
Chocolate, or why bother?

23. DO YOU OWN ANYTHING LEATHER?
Never, I don't think. Shoes.

24. FAVORITE COLOGNE?
Nomad.

25. FAVORITE PERFUME?
Dandelions.

26. DO YOU OWN AN INSTRUMENT?
A big-ass piano we bought from an auction.

28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?
Baking bread.

29. FAVORITE SOUND THAT YOU HEAR OFTEN?
My teakettle whistling.

30. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING RIGHT NOW?
That my hands are getting tired.

31. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Just flashes.

32. COULD YOU EVER SEE YOURSELF MOVING FROM WHERE YOU LIVE NOW?
Sure, to southern Indiana, or back up to Wisconsin or Minnesota.

33. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE OF ALL TIME?
The Barefoot Executive, one of the first movies I remember seeing.

34. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME?
Right now I think "Day after Day" by Badfinger or "Tangled up in Blue" by Bob Dylan or "Driver's Seat" by Sniff N the Tears or "Daddy Sang Bass" by Johnny Cash.

35. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR WHEN YOU WERE TEN?
Purple.

36. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR EYES?
Brown.

37. HAVE YOU EVER SLEPT WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
Don't remember, not sure.

39. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST CRUSH WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?
A girl everyone called Oyster Crackers.

40. MOST EMBARRASSING CHILDHOOD MOMENT?
Accidentally pulling some hair out of a neighbor girl's head.

41. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
No visible bald spots.

42. WHO OUT OF YOUR FRIENDS (SAME SEX) HAVE YOU KNOWN THE LONGEST?
Dan, who is the curator of the Dan Quayle Museum, which is a real place on the Highway of Vice Presidents in Indiana.

45. SUNRISE OR SUNSET?
Sunset in Panama City, Florida.

49. WHAT ARE YOUR FIVE FAVORITE MOVIES?
Dr. Strangelove, Manhattan, Sunset Boulevard, The Bridge Over the River Kwai, Stalag 17.

51. CAN YOU PLAY AN INSTRUMENT?
Never really. I tried clarinet in elementary school but never learned to read music.

52. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
I wish I did--I still remember a smattering of Chinese from when I was an exchange student there one summer.

53. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE OPPOSITE SEX)?
The Police, Synchronicity, on vinyl.

54. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE SINGER?
Johnny Cash.

55. FAVORITE BAND(s)?
The Fifth Dimension, ELO, tons more.

56. WHAT KIND OF BOOKS DO YOU LIKE TO READ?
I alternate between good literature and then some genre trash, then switch it up again.

57. DO YOU LIKE POETRY?
Sure, and my favorite line is, "I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker, I have seen the eternal footman hold my coat, and snicker, and in short I was afraid."

58. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR COFFEE?
Lots of cream and sugar.

60. DRAGONS OR DINOSAURS?
Dragons, cuz of D&D.

63. CHOOSE A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
23.

64. BLONDES, REDHEADS OR BRUNETTES?
Raven-haired beauties.

65. WOULD YOU PREFER TO GO ICE SKATING OR ROLLER SKATING?
Neither, though I have done a lot of roller skating in my youth. Favorite roller skating song: "Undercover Angel."

66. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Home.

67. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Rudeness.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.



No comments: