Thursday, November 11, 2004

Santo En El Museo De Cera

I have had a surprising burst of emails about me closing the door on contributing to National Novel Writing Month. Unfortunately too much real life has intervened, but there's always a next year. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

I have a couple more comic book reviews up at Pretty-Scary.com, a site for women but since they couldn't find any female comic book nerds they asked me to write up some stuff.

My daughter took a hard elbow to the nose during a high school basketball scrimmage and may have broken or at least fractured it. Of course, she is appearing in the school play Friday and Saturday night. Hard to be a Renaissance woman in this day and age. Actually kind of reminds me of that "Brady Bunch" episode when Marcia takes the football to the nose before the big dance.

These plays are put on in the high school "cafetorium" and are always debuted to packed houses. Say what you will about DV, but the power of live theater is still with us. Check out the documentary OT, about the first play put on at Compton High School in thirty years, if you don't believe me. Last year the high school put on "A Midsummer Night's Dream," and the magic of it was all there. This year's is something about some cowboys buying a salon instead of a saloon and having to dress like women, a slight comedown from Shakespeare. But every parent will be cheering along.

Give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: