Monday, March 29, 2004

The Man Who Sold The World

Some thoughts on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: neat design, sensory overload, lots of multimedia. I liked looking at the handwritten lyrics, on odd scraps of paper, though a lot of those guys can't spell. I mean really can't spell. Also of interest: how small a lot of people's clothes really were. Many rock stars must be shorter and skinnier than one might think. The only clothes I think I could have gotten into were Peter Gabriel's and a couple of the guys from ZZ Top. Some weird stuff there--Jon Bon Jovi's bad grades; a bag of keys some guy from The Eagles kept stealing from hotel rooms; a letter Paul Simon wrote to Art Garfunkel from summer camp.

The next day we went to the Cleveland Museum of Art, at the other end of the spectrum, so to speak. A lot of tremendous stuff there, a room full of Picasso, lots more there than you might suspect. Definitely follow the link.

It sort of dawned on me today that I have spent a lot more time reading news about comics lately--Comics Continuum, The Hurting, Fanboy Rampage, Newsarama, CBR, so on--than actually reading comic books.

Also, I want to give a shout out to all of the people hitting me from www.pulpmovies.com lately, which is cool since I don't think I know anybody over there, or why they put up a link to me.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.


No comments: