Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Uptight

Short on time today, so here's more from my overripe b-fantasy script RING OF THE SORCERESS, from my loyal reader poll:

DISSOLVE TO:
EXT. WOODS (GRASSY FIELD) -- LATER
Peryl and Shadow cross a wide field. Peryl seems to have cooled off somewhat. She eyes the gory stain where Lemuel's blade ran her companion through.
PERYL
Did it...hurt, Shadow?
Shadow objectively looks down at the red, ragged front of his tunic. His eyes search for hers, haunted.
SHADOW
I felt nothing...nothing.
Peryl absorbs this.
PERYL
I am called Peryl, a monk of the Order of the Crystal Skull.
Shadow thinks for an agonized second.
SHADOW
I know not my name...and I am of the legion of the dead.
The two share an uneasy silence. Then they notice that there are sheets of paper blowing through the grass and catching on trees. Shadow bends to pick one up.
SHADOW (CONT'D)
What's this?
Peryl snatches it from his hand and studies it.
PERYL
These look to be pages torn from books...they appear to be ones from the abbey's library!
Peryl looks around at the blowing paper in sick panic. Then she breaks into a run.
CUT TO:
EXT. WOODS -- MOMENTS LATER
Peryl comes up on the path leading to the abbey. Smoke is blowing towards her. After a moment of stillness, registering shock, she creeps forward on numb legs.
A limb CREAKS. Peryl sees several monks of the abbey hanging from nooses strung on a heavy branch, their severe robes flapping in the breeze.
Then she breaks into a dead run for the abbey.
CUT TO:

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com

No comments: