Wednesday, March 03, 2004

What's The Buzz

I worked on SEX MACHINE for Christopher Sharpe last night, trying to get the first draft squared away before I head to Orlando next week.

I've noticed lots and lots of blogs talk about politics and religion and such, so for the first time I'm going to try to follow the trend.

"The Passion"--looks too grisly. Can I just stick with "Jesus Christ Superstar?"

Okay, now more from "Ring of the Sorceress:"


CUT TO:
EXT. ABBEY (COURTYARD) -- MOMENTS LATER
Peryl finds small fires burning, and smoke throughout the once-bright courtyard. The corpses of her former friends litter the stones. With one hand over her mouth, she slowly backs away--and right into Shadow. She starts, and he steadies her.
SHADOW
You could bring them back...like you did me.
Peryl shakes her head.
PERYL
I know now why it is forbidden. It is...un-life. And none here would desire it.
Shadow nods solemnly.
SHADOW
I suspect not.
Suddenly, Peryl GASPS. She sees Maddie's little cornhusk doll, discarded in a pile of rubble.
She picks it up, and her eyes glisten with tears.
PERYL
Those who did this...what would they want?
Shadow shakes his head.
Peryl spots a glint of armor and moves toward it. A knight lay on his stomach.
With one cautious foot, Peryl prods the man and flops him over.
It is Luther, neck broken, eyes glazed. Peryl stares at the body.
PERYL (CONT'D)
I know the insignia, the cut of the cloak. This man was of the Queen's private army. They are the sword-arm of the monarchy.
Shadow looks on, uncomprehending. Peryl turns to Shadow.
PERYL (CONT'D)
My life here is done. Mayhaps the answer to both our questions lie in Castle Ebon after all.
The pair turn and leave the courtyard.
DISSOLVE TO:
EXT. HILLOCK -- LATER
Shadow heaves the last stone into place. A row of graves, heaped with stones, are in a long, grim line behind he and Peryl.
Shadow turns to Peryl. The wind whips through Peryl's cloak, and her face is unreadable.
SHADOW
Do you have any words?
PERYL
There are no words.
The pair leave the solemn hillside.


Give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: