Sunday, March 14, 2004

Take Me Home, Country Roads

I returned from a long week away yesterday--three hotels in five days. The down side of the perennial rock star fantasy we all have, I suspect. It was 80 when I left Florida and 40 when I arrived in Indiana--a return to harsh reality.

I got a real charge out of the digital media arts conference I went to--seeing people challenging traditional ideas of media. I especially enjoyed a side trip to the Florida Film Festival, where I saw some interesting films in the cool Enzian Theater. Especially good were a riveting documentary about illegal immigrants called FARMINGVILLE and a complex comedy-drama called EASY.

I got feedback from Chris Sharpe on my SEX MACHINE rewrite and still have a few bits to work on with that.

Catching up on laundry and cleaning today.

And I found a new Ohio radio station--"The Point," from Dayton, another "retro" station. Bless you, Ohio radio!

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: