Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Tennessee Flat-Top Box

Unfortunately I'm getting battered on all sides today, so here's a bit more from my all-but-the-kitchen sink b-movie epic RING OF THE SORCERESS:

CUT TO:
EXT. DEEP WOODS -- LATER
The pair walk through the woods, warily.
PERYL
The vision you had back there...
SHADOW
An arrow, finding its mark in my chest.
PERYL
Your visions come waking now, the closer we get to Castle Ebon...Tis curious.
Peryl turns back from addressing Shadow and almost bumps right into a skull speared on a splintered stick. The pair eye the skull warily.
PERYL (CONT'D)
I was feeling the chill of the tomb around me. I wondered if it was just your company.
SHADOW
It's a warning.
Peryl looks at him with a raised eyebrow.
PERYL
It's not an invitation for a seat by a warm fire, I'll grant you that.
Peryl scans the woods.
PERYL (CONT'D)
Mayhaps it was not you I felt after all.
There is a rustle of silk, and a flash of black between the trees. Peryl becomes more ill at ease.
PERYL (CONT'D)
Which way is the road, shadow?
SHADOW
I...I had hoped you would tell me.
There is a CAWING from above which draws the duo's eyes. Above, a large flying LIZARD wings its way across the sky.
When they look back down, a sexy, raven-haired woman swathed in silky black robes, CYMBALLINE, stands before them. Peryl is startled.
CYMBALLINE
You two aren't from around here, are you?

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.


No comments: