Thursday, May 27, 2004

Grizzly

I finally got around to reading this month's Premiere magazine, which features the 100 most influential people in Hollywood. Man, if they ever do the 100 least influential, I am so there. I also read somewhere (maybe TV Guide?) that Bill Lambier of Detroit Pistons fame played a Sleestak in Land of the Lost back in the day, as a kid. Funny how the world goes 'round.

A bit more ghostly action from the rousing conclusion of RING OF THE SORCERESS today:


CUT TO:
INT. CATACOMBS -- MOMENTS LATER
A moment later comes solitary CLAPPING. Luther Osric--young, fit, and smiling--steps from the shadows.
LUTHER
That wasn't hard, was it? Though you and the king were never close.
SHADOW
Luther...my old friend, my squire...my killer.
LUTHER
The slayer and the slayed...both done for the other. Can there be two friends closer?
SHADOW
Is an old friend inviting me to the grave also, then?
LUTHER
Nay, tis a dull and shadowy place despite what King Hektor said.
SHADOW
Then what have you to say?
Luther looks more serious for a moment.
LUTHER
I was your friend, Kelvin...but I was also a knight in the Queen's Silent Guard. We are sworn to be her right hand, and do what it is bid. That is why I shot you, though it tormented me.
SHADOW
Putting you to the sword was no welcome task either.
LUTHER
Tis of no consequence. In truth, I was already dead.
(more seriously)
So take this counsel as from a true friend with no ill feelings. She can never love you truly.
Shadow pauses.
SHADOW
Who do you mean?
Luther laughs harshly.
LUTHER
Who else could I be speaking of? Of course, you have chosen poorly in the past, but this...you are highborn, she an orphan...She is of a religious order, you are undead...
SHADOW
This is not for a woman, Luther.
LUTHER
(mock surprise)
It isn't? Everything is in the end, Kelvin. So there is no reason to fight Ayob. For in the end, the day belongs to him. He fights for a woman, after all.
Shadow shakes his head.
SHADOW
You are no more Luther Osric than the other phantom was my father.
Luther smiles sadly.
LUTHER
Oh, but I am. Mayhaps we were not as close as I once would have hoped. I will not say farewell--for I will see thee soon.
He disappears into the shadows from whence he came.
SHADOW
I pray that you do, friend. So that I may end this shadow play once and for all.
Shadow turns a corner and keeps searching.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.


No comments: