Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Lust for Freedom

I couldn't get onto Blogger yesterday, probably because eight million people were hitting this blog, where a guy is claiming to be Andy Kaufman for some reason.

I get a lot of hits from Polonia Brothers fans, and as the b-twins are extremely elusive on the Internet I thought I would break the interesting story of a "lost" Polonia Brothers movie that Mark found and is currently assembling. It was considered gone, no forwarding, for quite a few years until Mark found the raw footage in a box at work. It was shot quite a few years ago, and features Mark, John, and Bob Dennis (Billy D'Amato in AMONG US)as three guys who get trapped on an island with a bunch of dinosaurs. Working title: "Raiders of the Lost World." Polonia Brothers fans, you heard it here first, now go forth and rejoice.

Closing in on the end of RING OF THE SORCERESS; here's a bit more today, copped right from the Bard himself:

CUT TO:
INT. CATACOMBS -- MOMENTS LATER
Shadow makes his way through the darkness. A HOLLOW VOICE pierces the gloom.
HEKTOR
Kelvin.
Shadow is more startled by this than by the skeletons. He whirls around.
He sees an older, bearded man in kingly attire.
HEKTOR (CONT'D)
Kelvin, my son.
SHADOW
(weakly)
Father?
HEKTOR
You should have come into the light with me, son.
SHADOW
Vengeance burns brighter than that light, father.
HEKTOR
I care not for vengeance. Let Ayob have cold Esme and this colder land. What would you do if you were able to defeat this Ayob? Rule in his place? No man would follow you. You belong in the grave...with me.
SHADOW
I did not chose to rise. I cannot chose to sleep.
HEKTOR
Surely you can, my son. The earth is cool, and comforting, down here. Just lay down your sword, and lay among your ancestors...they call you from all around.
Shadow looks about, as if he would like to do nothing better. He takes out his sword and looks at it. But awareness begins to dawn upon him, and he steels his resolve.
SHADOW
No.
Then Hektor shows his own resolve.
HEKTOR
You dare defy your king and father?
SHADOW
You are neither. For my father would never ask me to lay down my sword and quit.
Shadow spears out with his blade, and drives the apparition through.
Hektor looks down at the blade with sadness. He is lit entirely in a red glow. Then he vanishes.
Shadow sheathes his blade and continues on.
CUT TO:

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: