Tuesday, May 11, 2004

What A Fool Believes

Now that Blogger is all new, I browsed a lot of people's blogs to see what they were doing too. And I found out I'm behind the curve on a lot of stuff. I don't write about politics, because every time I see George Bush on TV I just turn the channel real fast. I didn't care about the end of Friends. I want to see the Pacers win the NBA championship but I haven't watched any of the playoffs.

But I'll try to do the best I can.

In day job news, something broke deep in the unseen bowels of the mechanical underworld and the office is 90 degrees today.

In night job news, I got the outline for a possible new project with the Polonia Brothers yesterday. Had a videotape with some location scouting on it that looked great.

Until everything settles down and becomes either more (or less) interesting, here's more from RING OF THE SORCERESS:

CUT TO:
EXT. WOODS -- CONTINUOUS
In blurry, fast cuts, as seen through other eyes, Shadow catches glimpses of worn-out boots on the march, of the glassy-eyed countenances of the undead, the echoing SHOUTS of Sir Boris egging them on.
CUT TO:
EXT. WOODS (CLEARING) -- CONTINUOUS
Shadow grunts and shakes his head.
PERYL
Another vision?
Shadow nods.
SHADOW
As with my visions, I am starting to see through other eyes as I wake as well as sleep.
PERYL
Why would that be?
SHADOW
Mayhaps because I sense that there are so many...or that they are so close.
Peryl feels a chill, and looks around.
PERYL
Certainly not an army of walking dead.
Shadow nods gravely.
SHADOW
With that dark knight nipping at their heels.
PERYL
But we are so close...
SHADOW
Mayhaps that is why.
Shadow takes Peryl by the shoulders.
SHADOW (CONT'D)
I cannot die again...but neither can my foes, save one. Your powers will be needed to turn the tide.
Peryl shrugs out of his grasp.
PERYL
I am but a humble monk.
SHADOW
You are more.
Peryl turns her back and looks off into the trees.
PERYL
Mayhaps I could have been, with training. But my master is dead, cold in the ground of Crescent Abbey.
SHADOW
Why do you fear your powers?
Peryl won't look at Shadow.
PERYL
I...I want to know...if my powers are good or evil.
Shadow steps up and puts a hand on Peryl's shoulder again. She turns to it, ever so slightly.
SHADOW
Were I to walk through a town, instead of staying to the wood, the villagers would be upon me with torch and pitchfork. But I have done no evil.
(beat)
The witch, Cymballine. A woman with cruel whims and dark desires. But in the end, she saved you. Yet she would be considered evil.
(beat)
The knight. Sir Boris. A knight, one of the most noble and honorable of souls. Yet his hands are stained with innocent blood.
Peryl nods, but hesitates.
PERYL
I fear my power.
Shadow turns her around.
SHADOW
I am only now starting to remember fragments of my former life...like looking into a broken mirror. But one thing I do remember...that is to fear power. Fear power, and you will not use it for evil.
Peryl strengthens her resolve.
PERYL
I will stand beside you.
The pair walk out of the clearing and up the path.
DISSOLVE TO:

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.



No comments: