Thursday, April 21, 2005

Scrambled Eggs

Got through my stash of small press comics from the Columbus, Ohio show. Street Angel #1, about a homeless girl fighting ninjas (!), was especially good; I also liked the offbeat Thankless Job, about a cubicle slave working for an evil super-baddie. The Pope Land book was fun, though the drawing was worse than mine; kind of reminded me of one of those crazy 80s zines with a kind of slapdash energy. Really a pretty good mix of stuff.

Surprisingly, someone who picked up my 24 Hour Comic Bad Eggs at the SPACE small press expo last weekend has already posted a review on-line, here.

I have written over 100 film reviews for Microcinemascene.com, and have given out only one five-star review--until yesterday.

Give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: