Thursday, November 13, 2003

I cooked out about five or six hours' worth of hard-core writing on my "hoosier" documentary script. I'll shoot it to the director tomorrow, nonchalantly, like I haven't been working on it like a blue-assed dog for the last few days.

I've been talking so much about this crazy-ass PETER ROTTENTAIL script I rewrote over John Polonia's work (half-handwritten, half-spliced from another script called PSYCHO CLOWN) that I thought I would start posting it here as a follow-up to my Bigfoot epic AMONG US, one humble page at a time. It sounds like it'll be the next one completed. So here's the first salvo:

FADE IN:
INT. DREAMSCAPE -- NIGHT
A backlit figure, in a tall top hat and tails. He is running towards the camera.
In the foreground, a YOUNG BOY is running from the shadowed figure, a look of terror on his face.
A knife gleams in the man's hand.
The boy keeps running.
The backlit figure seems to be gliding forward under some mysterious power.
The knife flashes as it arcs through the air.
SMASH CUT TO:
INT. JAMES' HOME (BEDROOM) -- MORNING
JAMES NEELY, an older version of that scared kid, sits bolt upright in bed.
JAMES
NOOOO!!!
CUT TO:
INT. RICH KID'S HOUSE -- DAY
PETER KRIGSTEIN, a shabbily-dressed magician in an upscale home, is trying desperately to entertain some bored kids.
PETER
For my next trick--
The trick begins to unravel before it begins.
A chunk of birthday cake SPLATS against his threadbare cutaway jacket.
PETER (CONT'D)
Not the cake, kids. Anything but the cake.
CUT TO:
EXT. RICH KID'S HOUSE -- LATER
A frosting-spattered Peter trudges dejectedly towards his rusty sedan.
PETER
I got to get one more rung up the ladder.
He climbs in, and the sedan COUGHS to the life. It RATTLES out of the drive.

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: