Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Knock On Wood

Well, I decided to change my template, and ended up screwing myself up. Sometime when I have some time I am going to have to put this little Humpty Dumpty back together again.

I got struck by lightning yesterday, and GIZZARD GUTS, the ghost pirate movie for the Polonia Brothers, started flying off of my fingers. Everything is cyclical.

I talked to Mark Polonia yesterday, and it looks like PETER ROTTENTAIL will be posted by Christmas. In the meantime, here's more:

SMASH CUT TO:
INT. PETER'S FLOPHOUSE -- NIGHT
Peter is sitting at a thrift-store table with an empty bottle of rotgut and a dirty shot glass. An old radio with foil wrapped around the antennae is in the background.
RADIO ANNOUNCER (V.O.)
Police are seeking local children's entertainer Peter Krigstein in relation to an alleged assault earlier today.
PETER
Shit! I'm a fucking MAGICIAN, not a children's entertainer! The first time I get in the news they can't even get it right!
His rabbit is eating old food off of the table. Peter strokes the rabbit.
PETER (CONT'D)
Retread...I screwed the pooch. I'm finished. A failure.
He gives the bunny one last pat.
PETER (CONT'D)
You were my only friend, little Retread, and I thank you.
Peter goes to a bureau against one wall and opens the drawer slowly.
From his POV, we see a gun in among the trash and debris.
Peter lifts it out.
PETER (CONT'D)
They'll be sorry. They won't forget me.
(beat)
Jesus, I can't mess this one up. My final trick.
Peter puts the gun in his mouth.
At the sound of the BANG, Retread hops away.
The gun falls from Peter's nerveless fingers onto the floor.
SMASH CUT TO: OPENING CREDITS


Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: