Monday, December 29, 2003

A Boy Named Sue

Started a Washington State Merlot wine today in a big ol' trash can (was never used for trash, though). Getting ready to frost cookies (better late than never). Talked to AMONG US co-star and general b-movie icon Jon McBride last night, who encouraged me to try to take it easy for a while. Talked to director Ivan Rogers today about THE PAYBACK MAN script and may end up polishing up a few scenes on that over break.

I completely goofed off yesterday and Saturday, a strange feeling. I usually am going full-bore, so I feel somewhat at loose ends. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Hard to tell yet.

I went to see RETURN OF THE KING with my family last night and didn't have the heart to reveal that I actually dozed off a bit and apparently missed some sort of powerful torch-lighting scene. It was a good movie, but it's the holidays, and I'm tired. I remember years ago I fell asleep during THE LION KING and missed the dad getting killed, them woke up later and wondered, where was Simba's dad during the whole thing? Also missed the entrance of Gaston during BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and wondered later, who's that dude?

Let me give a holiday shout-out to my friends over at Scott Phillips' Exhilarated Despair site, who have been checking my site a lot lately. Howdy!

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: