Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Gabba Gabba Hey

I put some junk in the sidebar; check it out, so I don't seem like a completely friendless doofus. At least on the Internet, I can create a false persona.

The Lady Bears won last night!

Tonight I'm going to do a few microcinema reviews, and help work up a game review with my pal the Caveman for an online journal, so though I haven't typed a stroke on GIZZARD GUTS since before Thanksgiving I'll at least be honing my craft, such as it is.

Speaking of which, here's some PETER ROTTENTAIL:

CUT TO:
INT. DREAMSCAPE -- NIGHT
The young boy is running, running.
Behind him, his unseen tormentor, in top hat and tails and lit with an uncanny light, is in hot pursuit.
A cruel-edged machete glints in the gloom.
The boy keeps running.
The backlit figure seems to be gliding forward under some mysterious power.
The machete WHISTLES through the air.
CUT TO:
INT. LENNY'S APARTMENT -- MORNING
James wakes up YELLING, scattering empty bottles of beer.
Lenny, slouched in a nearby chair, raises his head sleepily.
LENNY
Keep it down, man!
JAMES
Sorry. Bad dreams.
LENNY
Don't buy the cheap stuff next time.
James rubs his face.
JAMES
Lenny, do you remember that birthday party I had at grandma's house that one time?
LENNY
Man, I don't remember who I woke up next to last weekend!
James runs his fingers through his hair.
JAMES
Sure you do. I saw her in the hall closet, next to your bicycle pump. What's that, the Bambi 2000?
Lenny looks sullen.
LENNY
Her name is Amber, if you must know.
Lenny scratches himself.
LENNY (CONT'D)
Yeah, okay. So you're talking about that party where that crappy magician went apeshit and tried to do a Helter Skelter number on everyone.
JAMES
Yeah. I've been dreaming about that a lot lately. I saw some weird shit going on that day.
Lenny sits up straight.
LENNY
What, did he wave his "magic wand" at you?
James just stares off into space.
JAMES
Never mind.
LENNY
Look, you have a dream where you're in a train going into, like, a big tunnel, that I can tell you about. You have a dream you're eating a big freakin' marshmallow, then you wake up and your pillow is gone, that shit I understand.
James just stares and thinks.
LENNY (CONT'D)
So are we gonna party or what?
James comes around.
JAMES
Let's do it.
LENNY
Rock on!
They start getting ready.



No comments: