Thursday, December 11, 2003

Rollercoaster

Well, I might have had a setback or two on some upcoming projects, so I think for now I am going to just post some PETER ROTTENTAIL and reflect another day.

I have decided there is one good thing about taking a cowriting credit with somebody. If there's a part you don't think turned out that well, you can blame it on the other guy.

Anyway:

CUT TO:
EXT. GRANDMA'S HOUSE -- MOMENTS LATER
James hesitates. Lenny notices.
LENNY
What?
JAMES
I'm getting a...weird vibe off this place.
LENNY
Uh, yeah. 'Cause our grandma? She croaked here, cuz. Let's go.
The pair go inside.
CUT TO:
INT. GRANDMA'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) -- MOMENTS LATER
Lenny drops his bag on a sheet-covered couch.
LENNY
What do you say? Party time!
James starts walking around the room, remembering.
CUT TO:
INT. GRANDMA'S HOUSE (KITCHEN) -- CONTINUOUS
James looks through the kitchen. There are a few boxes stacked around, and dust over everything.
Lenny pokes his head around.
LENNY
I don't know what the hell my dad was talking about, this place is in great shape.
JAMES
Good thing there's a lot of obsessive-compulsive disorder in our family.
James notices something, and points.
JAMES (CONT'D)
Look, there's a puddle of water on the floor. Hope it's not from the half-bath.
LENNY
Nah, there ain't any brown trout on the floor. Hell, the water heater must be leaking. Got to get somebody to fix that.
JAMES
We could do it ourselves and save the money.
LENNY
Nah, I got an old buddy that will do it for weed.
JAMES
Now that's how to find a professional.
LENNY
You know him...Bill Mooney. He was at the "scary party."
Lenny wiggles his fingers menacingly.
JAMES
You mean Billy the glue eater? I guess it does lead to harder stuff.
He walks out. Lenny follows.
CUT TO:


No comments: