Tuesday, January 20, 2004

(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right

A long, cold shadow hangs over today; it started when my car wouldn't start, on to disasters at work, and it keeps going. I thought four-day work weeks were supposed to be more fun.

I have been writing back and forth with a director who said he didn't realize I had been "Polonia-ized." Not sure what he meant by that.

Here's more from PETER ROTTENTAIL:

CUT TO:
EXT. GRANDMA'S HOUSE -- CONTINUOUS
James picks himself up off the pavement.
LENNY
Are you okay?
James grabs him.
JAMES
Somebody's trying to kill me! Look!
Both heads swivel towards the driveway.
From the cousins' POV, we see that nobody is there. Just Mooney's truck, hazards flashing.
Lenny shoves him.
LENNY
You're more wasted than I am! Shit, you coulda messed up my grill!
JAMES
I'm not wasted. Listen to me. I know this sounds crazy. But it looked like that magician. From the party.
LENNY
"Peter the Great" is taking a dirt nap, cuz.
JAMES
But it was him. Only with a weird mask on.
Lenny rubs his jaw.
LENNY
Weird mask?
JAMES
Yeah.
LENNY
Shit, I saw a guy wearing a weird mask on the way home from the strip club. I thought he was driving Mooney's truck.
James points.
JAMES
There's the truck. Where's Mooney?
LENNY
Let's find out.
They go inside.
CUT TO:
INT. GRANDMA'S HOUSE (KITCHEN) -- MOMENTS LATER
James and Lenny look around the kitchen.
LENNY
Yo, Bill?
Silence. They keep moving.
They find Mooney's scattered tools, splotched with blood.
JAMES
He's been here. Look.
Lenny looks nervous, but shrugs.
LENNY
Ya know what, Bill could have cut his finger and said "fuck it" and took off.
He turns on James.
LENNY (CONT'D)
He's dead, James.
James looks searchingly.
JAMES
He's not. And I'll prove it. Come on.
He quickly exits. Lenny watches.
LENNY
Now where are we going?
CUT TO:

Give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: