Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Betcha By Golly, Wow

So I've been writing back and forth a bit with another Ball State alum who is working in independent film. He mentioned that he was glad to hear that I was in "the biz." Am I? I wrote back that I didn't know if I would call my nocturnal work "the biz," although sometimes it seems I see a glimpse of it, a crack of light under the door.

Here's more from PETER ROTTENTAIL:

CUT TO:
EXT. GRANDMA'S HOUSE -- MOMENTS LATER
Lenny approaches the garage and peers inside.
From Lenny's POV, we see the odd shadows of the clutter in the garage.
Lenny fingers his knife and moves inside.
CUT TO:
INT. GRANDMA'S HOUSE (GARAGE) -- CONTINUOUS
Lenny creeps along.
LENNY
(singsong)
Here comes Peter Rottentail...hopping down the ass-whip trail...hippity, hoppity, a beating's on its way...
Suddenly Peter rises up from the junk and stands before Lenny, a carrot jutting from each hand.
Lenny comes up short.
LENNY (CONT'D)
One knife against two carrots? I'll take those odds.
PETER
You just rolled snake eyes, kid.
Peter flicks his wrists, sending the carrots sailing.
In the next moment, both are jutting out of Lenny's eye sockets.
He SCREAMS and goes down to his knees.
In a moment he is dead.
Peter bounces out of frame.
CUT TO:

Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: