Friday, January 30, 2004

Mister Cellophane

So I was driving around with a bunch of my brother and some old buddies, and we stopped at this pizza place where we used to get huge cokes to drink, and we were sitting next door at the gas station across the street from the college football stadium, and happened to see a fleet of muscle cars drive by, probably going to a car show, all funny shapes and painted flames and the like, and the sun beat down, a beautiful day.

Then I woke up, realized it was a dream, as the pizza place isn't there any more, and outside it is below zero with black ice gleaming from every road, and if I hadn't been drinking so much coke back then I probably wouldn't have prostate problems today.

It's the next to the last day of January, and the sky is close overhead, a cold iron bowl.

Here's this week's FridayFive, from the Blog phenomenon fridayfive.org.

You have just won one million dollars:

1. Who do you call first? My wife.

2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself? A Saturn Vue.

3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else? An Alaskan cruise for my wife.

4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom? I'll give some to Big Brothers/Big Sisters, then start a scholarship at the local high school for my deceased sister-in-law; a creative writing scholarship for a student in the arts.

5. Do you invest any? If so, how? Does making a movie count as investing money or throwing it away? Otherwise, an IRA.


Give me a yell at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: