Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Birdhouse in Your Soul

Yesterday was ass-cold here, with a dark sky in the morning, and all my failures and missteps grasped close at my chest all day.

But at night I played the superhero miniatures game HeroClix, and today the sun is shining. There is always hope.

My brother and I, through some advanced mathematics best not described here, managed to put together an evenly-matched JLA vs. Avengers fight, which the Avengers won handily the first time and pretty well the second time, much to my consternation.

But the Clix have spoken.

It's interesting to see where people surf into this site from. There are STILL people finding this site by typing in "spanking in movies." When did I ever mention spanking?

Now I've mentioned it twice. But at least my hits will go up. Though the readership concerns me.

Speaking of spanking in movies, I know PETER ROTTENTAIL is wrapping up post, and boy am I interested to see it. Even the Polonia Brothers don't know what to make of it. Here's more:

CUT TO:
EXT. GRANDMA'S HOUSE -- LATER
The garage door rattles up. James and Lenny stand there, one with a rake and the other with a broom. They walk off in opposite directions.
Abby drinks coffee and watches from the porch across the street.
ABBY
Yep. Gay.
Feature a MONTAGE of James and Lenny working around the house, inside and out. James is putting more into it than Lenny.
Finally we see James sitting on the back step, resting and thinking.
Lenny observes him from afar for a moment, then approaches.
LENNY
How you doin, cuz?
JAMES
We're gettin' there.
Lenny scuffs the ground for a moment, then finally speaks up.
LENNY
So what really happened with that "Peter the Great" guy back in the day?
James just shakes his head.
JAMES
I don't know. It's kind of coming back in bits and pieces.
LENNY
I know I've been on your ass a little bit, but maybe you should go and see somebody. Maybe it'll help.
JAMES
Do you know a good shrink?
Lenny looks surprised.
LENNY
I'm not talking about a shrink, cuz. I'm talking about going to the strip club downtown! That's how you ease your mind, have a good time!
JAMES
Nah, I'll just hang out here, wait for the plumber.
LENNY
Okay, cuz, have it your way! I'll try to bring back two, and you can have one.
JAMES
Don't strain yourself!
Lenny gives a jaunty wave, and goes around the house.
At the front of the house, Lenny fishes out the keys to his car. He spots Abby sitting on the porch across the street.
He smiles, tries to give a smooth nod.
LENNY
Hey. Name's Lenny.
Abby motions with her mug.
ABBY
I'm Abby.
Lenny closes the distance between them.
LENNY
Gonna paint the town red tonight, do it up. Want to come along for the ride?
Abby shakes her head.
ABBY
Not really my scene, thanks.
LENNY
What? You don't like going out with studs?
ABBY
No, but more power to you. I'm surprised you're leaving your partner home, though.
LENNY
Ah, he's an old lady.
ABBY
Well, you two make a good couple.
Lenny tosses off a salute.
LENNY
Your loss, doll.
Lenny slides behind the wheel of his car and starts it up.
He goes a litle ways down the street and SLAMS on the brakes.
CUT TO:
INT. LENNY'S CAR -- CONTINUOUS
Lenny fumes.
LENNY
Son of a bitch! She thinks I'm gay!
(beat)
Shit, another one.
He SLAMS it into gear and PEELS OUT.
DISSOLVE TO:

Give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: