Thursday, January 29, 2004

Werewolves of London

Yesterday I had a good day; I was invited to speak about grassroots DV at a conference in Orlando in March, and about my fledgling writing career at a luncheon the very next week here in my hometown. They want to call it "Almost Hollywood" but I think "Almost Almost Hollywood" might be better.

I also was "outed" more or less in the company newsletter about my scriptwriting career, with Bigfoot pictures and all. I've been trying to fly under the radar a bit at work, but I guess the lid's off the pot now, so I might as well try to enjoy it a bit. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it is a bit awkward at times to have a day life and a night life. I owe it all to Bigfoot, I guess. Speaking of, AMONG US co-director and co-star John Polonia had this to say in an email:

WOW!!! We have never had such a positive effect on any one associated with us... Take it and run!!! The luck is bound to run out if we're involved in any form.

That's what I hate about these Hollywood guys: big egos.

Speaking of letters, astute blog reader Tom Cherry offered the following:

Finished reading Rottentail. So Peter and Frosty the Snowman had the same
weakness: misplaced headgear.


Damn, that pretty much sums it up, yeah.

Well, one day you're up, the next day you're down. Hopefully the high will last a bit longer. We'll see.

Give me a shout at johnoakdalton@hotmail.com.

No comments: